Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, February 10, 2017

Friend Friday #176 (Chester and Gus by Cammie McGovern)

Hi!  I'm Milana and I read the book called Chster and Gus written by Cammie McGovern.


I thought this book was AMAZING 
because I loved that the book had a dog in it as a main character because I love stories like that.  


My favorite part in the story was when Gus talks to Chester because Gus never wants to talk to anyone.  He doesn't really talk to the dog, but they can understand each other.  It was so cool.  



The character that I liked best was Chester because he is a dog, I love dogs, and he worked so hard to help his friend Gus.  He would be a great dog to have.  


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to write a story about a dog becoming a service dog and helping a boy so we could learn from that.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it is a really amazing story and I know they will like it.  I'm glad I was the first one in our class to be able to read it.  


Reading to me is great because I love to read when I find the right book.  It is also great when we can read books before they are on sale.  That is pretty cool.  


*Milana is one of my most fun and most frustrating readers to work with.  Let me explain.
*She will read anything I recommend to her and for the most part enjoy all the books I put in her hands.
*The problem is she has a hard time finding her own books.  She will browse, but not read.
*I've learned from Donalyn Miller that we need to teach our readers to select books on their own.
*We won't always be in their lives.
*It is a hard situation because when I give her a book stack, she is reading all the time.
*When I ask her to make her own book stack, she spends more time browsing than reading.
*The good news is she loved this ARC as much as I did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment