Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Wonder Wednesday #175 (Read Aloud #4)

Wonder Wednesday - When Friendship Followed Me Home 
by Paul Griffin

*A few years ago I made a personal goal of never repeating the same read aloud twice.

*This was difficult because I had my favorite novels that I LOVED to share with my students each year.

*The more middle-grade books I read, the more I realized how many incredible stories were out there ready to be shared with young listeners.

*This has been an awesome year for our read aloud time.  Here are the novels we have covered so far...

1st:  Nine, Ten, A September 11 Story by Nora Raleigh Baskin
2nd:  Sticks and Stones by Abby Cooper
3rd:  Bubbles by Abby Cooper
4th:  When Friendship Followed Me Home by Paul Griffin

*After each novel I share with my listeners, I have them fill out a "reflection sheet" about the book.

*We keep all the sheets together until the year of the year and then create a booklet that they can take home at the end of our time together.  

*Here are some thoughts, ideas, and comments my students had about our most recent read aloud...


I thought this book was...
*Good because Ben found Flip and they became great friends.
*Awesome because Halley was such a good friend to Ben and Flip was an awesome pup.
*Amazing because it was spectacular to listen to.

I like it when...
*Ben gave out three $50.00 to people because it was really kind of him.
*Flip found Ben after they were separated because it was cool how he escaped the Mold house.
*Ben found out what was inside the magic box because I liked that part the best.

My favorite character was...
*Flip because he is a dog and cool and I love dogs.
*Ben because he had a lot to tell for the story and so much happened to him.
*Halley because she was really nice to Ben and I would definitely want to be her friend.

My favorite part in the story was...
*When Ben kissed Halley because it was romantic.
*When Ben met Halley because he called her extremely pretty.
*When Ben moved into Halley's house because it was of Mrs. Lorentz to let Ben stay there.  

It was interesting when...
*Ben saw Halley at the Light Tower because she was back.
*Leo slapped Ben because I was expecting that.
*Flip followed Ben home because that's when happy things started happening.

I was frustrated when...
*Leo slapped Ben because I didn't like that.
*Ben's mother died because it was such a sad part of the story.
*Something bad happened to Halley because she didn't deserve that.

I give this book _____ stars!  

    0 Star
    1 Stars
    2 Stars
    3 Stars
    4 Stars (6 Students)
    5 Stars (18 Students)

No comments:

Post a Comment