Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Wonder Wednesday #274 (#NerdCampMI Learning)

Wonder Wednesday - Memorable QUOTES


*Last Wednesday I posted pictures from my time at #NerdCampMI 2019.  What a terrific two days they were.

*I've been thinking a lot about all the learning I did while in Michigan.




*I would like to share my top-ten quotes that still spinning around in my head...



QUOTE #ONE
"Be the Good Kind of Trouble!" 
- Donalyn Miller


QUOTE #TWO
"Pick a lane to write in for nonfiction, but be willing to vear into the other lanes." 
- Jess Keating


QUOTE #THREE
"All conferring doens't need to be academic.  We get to know them as people." 
- Ashley Kerns



QUOTE #FOUR
"Teaching to fidelity doesn't mean fidelity to the program but to the kids in front of us." 
- Pernille Ripp



QUOTE #FIVE
"I'm here to make you DISLIKE reading less.  Not that you are going to LOVE reading." 
- Pernille Ripp


QUOTE #SIX
"Research is like a treasure hunt looking for that golden nugget that your story can be built around."
-Kathy Halsey


QUOTE #SEVEN
"Writing instruction is like marathon training.  Come up with a training plan."
-Shannon Anderson


QUOTE #EIGHT
"There are NO girl books or boy books.  There are books."
-Alicia D. Williams


QUOTE #NINE
"Be inspired not by what they wrote, but HOW they wrote it."
-Reading Like a Writing Panel 


QUOTE #TEN
"It's easy to be peaceful when your peace ain't ever been challenged."
-Jason Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment