Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, July 4, 2022

Fire Keeper's Daughter by Angeline Boulley

How I Heard About It:
*I have had this book in my collection for quite some time.  After several of my reading friends talked about how much they enjoyed the story, I went to the pile of books, and grabbed this one from the pile.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:

*Daunis is finishing up her senior year of high school and looking forward to heading off to college.

*After a family tragedy, she decides to stay closer to home to help with her family.

*Daunis is thrilled when her brother Levi introduces her to a new hockey player, named Jamie, who is on his team.

*She feels an instant connection to him, even though she can tell he is hiding something.  

*After being a witness to a murder, Daunis is thrown into a world that involves the FBI, meth dealers, and family secrets.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*The story lived up to everything my fellow readers shared with me.

*This was the perfect novel to spend lazy summer days with.  Quite the page-turner.

*I enjoyed reading and learning about Ojibwe people and their family customs.

*There were some unexpected and fun twists and turns along the way.  

*The characters were engaging, the plot was interesting, and the writing was spot on.


Who Should Read It:
* I would offer this book to any young-adult and/or adult reader.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars!  









No comments:

Post a Comment