Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, July 10, 2022

New Kids and Under Dogs by Margaret Finnegan

How I Heard About It:
*I'm a huge fan of Margaret Finnegan's work.  I shared both We Could Be Hero's and Susie B. Won't Back Down with my fourth grade class this past school year.  When I came across her new title on NetGalley, which will be released on October 25, 2022, I downloaded it to my Kindle.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:

*Robyn is use to being the new kid.  She has been labeled the new kid more times than she can count.

*Being the new kid can be hard, but Robyn has learned it can go a bit easier with some "rules".  

*She tries to live by these rules each and every time she moves.  

*To help with the latest move, her mother insists she join an after-school club.  Robyn decides to join a dog class along with her two beloved pets.  

*After her dogs are "rejected", Robyn comes up with a plan that not only involve her dogs, but several kids at school.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*Margaret Finnegan has a way of capturing the middle-grade heart.

*I loved her first two stories, and this new one is just as strong, entertaining, and full of life lessons.

*I so enjoyed reading about the adventures of Robyn and her lovely dogs Fudge and Sundae.  I'm a huge dog lover so that may be one reason why I loved the story so much.  

*The vast array of characters brought such life, conflict, and resolution to the plot.  

*I look forward to the book's release in the fall and sharing it with my fourth grade readers.


Who Should Read It:
*The book will be perfect for readers in grades three and above.  I see it being used as a class read aloud, but of course should also be put in the hands of individual readers.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars! 


No comments:

Post a Comment