Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Treat Tuesday #7...

Treat Tuesday - Banana Bread

*My wife made banana bread this morning for our "back-to-school" week.  This is a family favorite!

*It will be my morning snack each day during my prep time.



**1/2 cup of shortening
**1 cup sugar
**2 eggs beaten
**3 ripe bananas mashed
**2 cups flour
**1/2 cup milk
**1/2 tsp baking powder
**1 tsp soda
**1 tsp vanilla
**1/2 tsp salt

-Cream sugar, shortening
-Add mashed bananas, eggs
-Add dry ingredients
-Beat 2 minutes
-Add milt and beat some more
-Bake in loaf pan for 50 minutes (or so) at 350 degrees


Treat Tuesday - Middle Grade Book



The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles by Julie Andrews Edwards

*I use to read this book to my classes years ago.

*They always loved it.  It has such great imagination and creativity.






Treat Tuesday - Adult Book



A Million Little Pieces by James Frey

*Despite the controversy with this book and Oprah, it makes for an incredible read.

*I remember reading it poolside many summers ago and couldn't put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment