Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Treat Tuesday #9...

Treat Tuesday - Birthday Cookies

*Today I celebrated my 46th birthday by bringing in my famous chocolate chip cookies to share with the staff.

*It is a simple recipe, but such tasty treats to enjoy!


*Beat together...
     -1 cup white shortening
     -3/4 cup sugar
     -3/4 cup brown sugar
*Add and beat 2 eggs, added separately
*Continue beating and add...
     -1/2 teaspoon water
     -1 teaspoon vanilla
*Stir in 2 1/4 cups flour
     -1 teaspoon salt
     -1 teaspoon soda
*Mix in 1 package chocolate chips
*Drop from rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes
*If you like them undercooked (like me), bake for about 8 or 8 1/2 minutes



Treat Tuesday - Middle Grade Novels...

*I usually post books that I've already read for both middle-grade readers and adult readers that I considered treats.


*Today I'm posting four books I bought today as a birthday treat to myself.  

*I'm so looking forward to reading all four of them (as are my students)!



The Boy on the Porch by Sharon Creech








 


Fortunately the Milk by Neil Gaiman








 


Einstein: The Class Hamster by Janet Tashjian











 The Lonely Lake Monster by Suzanne Selfors



No comments:

Post a Comment