Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Treat Tuesday #48...

Treat Tuesday - Chicken Tortilla Bake

*This one is so easy and so darn good.
*We found it via Facebook and tried it out at home.
*It was a winner for everyone in the family.
*Give it a try and enjoy!  

Ingredients...
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained OR 1 c. salsa
  • 12 small corn tortillas, cut into thin bite-size strips
  • 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 c. milk
Instructions...
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • In a bowl combine soup, milk and undrained tomatoes or salsa and set aside.
  • Sprinkle one-third of the tortilla strips over the bottom of an ungreased rectangular baking dish.
  • Layer half of the chicken over the tortilla strips.
  • Spoon half of the soup mixture evenly over top.
  • Repeat layers.
  • Sprinkle with the remaining tortilla strips and top with cheddar cheese.
  • Bake, covered, about 40 minutes or until bubbly.
  • Uncover; bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.


Treat Tuesday:  Adult Novel

Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs

*A memoir that you just won't believe.  





Treat Tuesday:  Middle-Grade Novel

Marley:  A Dog Like No Other by John Grogan

*So glad the adult novel was adapted for younger readers.  






Treat Tuesday:  Television Show/Series

"Game of Thrones" - HBO via Netflix

*I know I'm a bit behind on this one, but am enjoying it.
*This is a very different type of series for me.
*I'm presently on season #2.   




Treat Tuesday:  Movie
"Running with Scissors"  
*Based on the Memoir Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs  

Treat Tuesday:  Music  
"Girls Chase Boys" by Ingrid Michaelson
*Seems like no matter where I go this summer I hear this song.
*I have found it pretty catchy and added it to my IPod play list for my daily walks.
*The video was quite interesting.  
*I think she will be around with more songs like this one.  
*Enjoy!


Treat Tuesday:  Photograph

*I follow "Fascinating Pictures" on Twitter.
*In my classroom we have Picture Wednesday for our writer's notebooks.  
*When I saw this one I saved it to my phone.
*This is the best "selfie" ever!!!  
*Just makes me happy to look at it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment