Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wonder Wednesday #48...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Four)

*This is the fourth of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*Toward the end of the school year, I had my students respond to some questions I had about their reading lives.  



*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to answer.

*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...


STUDENT #7 - Amina

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was amazing
because I love reading.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is relaxing
because it is so amazing all the books we have in our classroom.  


This year I learned that as a reader I am a good reader
because I read more than ever and bigger and longer books.  


To me reading is amazing 
because it is and it always will be.  


As a reader I'm most proud of all the chapter books I read
because 
I hadn't read that many before fourth grade.  

The best thing about reading is chapter books and graphic novels
because I love those kind of books.  



STUDENT #8 - Kaiden

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was boring
because I did not like it.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is OK
because it got a little better.  


This year I learned that as a reader I like graphic novels more than chapter books
because they are fun and faster to read.  


To me reading is not the best, but not the worst
because I like it sometimes and sometimes I don't.  It depends on my mood!  


As a reader I'm most proud of reading more books 
because 
I read a lot more books than last year.  

The best thing about reading is ending a book
because I have accomplished something and get to start a new book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment