Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Wonder Wednesday #245 (Breakfast with Books #TWO)

Wonder Wednesday - Babysitting Nightmares by Kat Shepherd

*On Friday, November 2, 2018 we welcomed Kat Shepherd into our classroom.

*She joined us for our second book club of the year.

*I met Kat this past summer at #NerdCampMI and found out we both lived in the Twin Cities.  I was lucky enough to get a copy of her book.  After reading it, I knew I wanted to use it for a book club selection.



*Some of the readers in my class read it during the month of October.  It was the perfect "spooky" and "scary" to read during the Halloween season.

*We gathered before school, shared our breakfast treats, and talked all things "Babysitting Nightmares" with the author herself.

*It is during teaching moments like these, that I know I'm doing exactly what I was meant to do.  Teach children, share my love of reading/books, and encourage them to be the best reader/person they can be.

*Here are some images from our time together during "Breakfast with Books"...


No comments:

Post a Comment