Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Wonder Wednesday #247 (#NCTE18)

Wonder Wednesday - #NCTE18

*This past weekend, I spent in Houston, Texas.

*It was my fourth NCTE experience.


*Each yearly convention just gets better and better.  It is one of my most favorite four days of the year.

*The learning is top-notch.  The connections are real and meaningful.  The conversations are professional, personal, and full of book talks.

*This year I was lucky to serve on two panels.  One was for #classroombookaday and the second one was about authentic response for our young readers.  Both sessions were well attended and full of great information.

*The highlight of the weekend had to be my Charlotte Huck Book Awards Committee work.  The committee met all day on Thursday to narrow our choices down and put together a solid collection  of fiction.  The luncheon on Saturday was exciting, enjoyable, and full of anticipation.

*I'm already looking forward to next November in Baltimore.

*Here is my #NCTE18 experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment