Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Wonder Wednesday #246 (Skype Visit)

Wonder Wednesday - Wonderland by Barbara O'Connor


*Our third class read aloud was Wonderland by Barbara O'Connor.

*When I read it on my own, I knew I wanted to share the story with my class.

*This summer, Barbara offered several free 20-minute Skype visits, and I was lucky to get one of her time slots.

*Our visit was scheduled for Wednesday, November 7th.  Because of a very busy schedule, we finished the novel the morning of the visit.


*I had my listeners create comments and questions that we could share with Barbara.

*The Skype visit was wonderful, meaningful, and quite fun.  Barbara is so easy to talk to and connects so well with the students.

*After our visit, my class wants me to read Wish so we can experience another story by this incredible author.

*Here are some images of the Skype session in action...



No comments:

Post a Comment