Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Wonder Wednesday #282 (#ONEword)

*This was our second week of school.  The twenty-three students and I are spending time getting to know each other, sharing ourselves as writers and readers, and celebrating our strengths.  

*I got this idea online from my friend Colby Sharp.  When I read about his class doing this activity, I knew I wanted to try it with my learners.

*Our entire grade level, five classes, gathered together and talked about #ONEword.  Each teacher, along with our two principals, shared our own words that we are going to focus on this school year.

*We then gave the kids the weekend to think about and brainstorm their words.  When everyone came back this past Monday, we got busy creating our #ONEword posters.

*As I wandered the room, I was so impressed with all the creative, unique, and important words that each child came up with.  

*Here are some of the posters that my fourth graders created.  We have posted them on our lockers so everyone in our building can see them...














No comments:

Post a Comment