Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Razorblade Tears by S.A. Cosby

How I Heard About It:
*This novel published for adults seems to be another "must-read" for summer 2021.  After seeing it time after time, I decided to purchase the novel and see what all the buzz was about.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Ike is a black man who has been out of prison for many years and has created a positive and productive life.


*Buddy Lee is a white man who also has had in hand in the life of crime.

*The only thing these two men have in common is their sons married and created a new life for themselves.

*After their sons are murdered, the two fathers come together to find out who is responsible and why their sons were caught in the cross-fire.

*They take the law into their own hands and return to a life of crime in which they both swore was in the past.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I had read Cosby's other novel Blacktop Wasteland which I enjoyed.

*This story moved at a quicker pace and I found myself more engaged.

*It was fascinating to read about the progression of Ike and Buddy Lee's friendship.  

*The plot was real, raw, and didn't hold back.  

*While I didn't always agree with the choices Ike and Buddy Lee made, I could see how a father would go to great lengths to avenge their sons' deaths.  


Who Should Read It:
*In my opinion, this novel published for adults would appeal to any and all adult readers.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
  4 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment