Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, July 9, 2021

That Weekend by Kara Thomas

How I Heard About It:
*A friend of mine posted a rave review online of this young-adult novel and commented she could not stop reading until she finished the entire book.  During a book order, I added this title and hit send.  I spent most of this afternoon reading about the mystery that happened during "that weekend".  


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Prom weekend should be one of the best weekends in the life of a high-school student. 

*That isn't the case for Claire and her friends.

*After breaking up with her boyfriend right before prom, Claire, Kat and her boyfriend Jesse decide to skip prom and head up to Kat's family woods estate.  

*They enjoy a Friday night together and the next thing Claire knows is it is Sunday and she is alone out on a mountain trail.  She remembers nothing.

*As Claire, her family, and officials try to figure out what happened in those woods, time may be running out for her friends Kat and Jesse.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*This was a great summer read.  A page turner!

*The mystery of what happened to Claire kept me reading and I was surprised on more than one occasion.  

*There were some spots where the story dragged a bit, but then something would happen and capture my attention again.

*I enjoyed how the story was told from a couple points of view which added to the suspense of the full story.

*Overall, an enjoyable read that kept my interest from start to end.  


Who Should Read It:
*This would be the perfect story to read during a summer vacation on a beach, a mountain top, or a busy city.  I think both the young-adult and adult reader would enjoy the mystery of what happened during "that weekend".  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
  4 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment