Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, January 16, 2022

The Unforgettable Logan Foster by Shawn Foster

How I Heard About It:
*I was lucky to receive this middle-grade novel from Harper Collins and GoSparkPoint.  I have enjoyed reading the books they sent me and this was was no exception.  The title will FLY into the world on Tuesday, January 18, 2022.  


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Logan Foster has been in the "foster" system for most of his life and he believes that is where he will stay.  

*He knows he probably isn't being scooped up by adoptive parents because of his unusual nature, he ability to recite more facts than anyone should be able to remember, and his photographic memory.  

*One day, Gil and Margie show up at the "orphanage" and Logan's life just may change when he least suspects it.

*Once he is taken to his new "home", Logan is determined to remain himself, but also make the new living situation work.  

*As much as Logan is different from the world, he learns that his new prospective "parents" may not appear to what they seem and might just be "out of this world" type parents.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*This was a fun, strong, and entertaining story.

*I so enjoy the character of Logan, is incredible memory, and how he viewed the world.

*The plot moved along at a fast-paced speed and kept me turning page after page.

*I'm not normally a fan of "super-hero" stories, but this story had a perfect combination of super-hero adventures and heart-felt personal moments.  

*As I was reading, I kept thinking of readers in my classroom that would be drawn to the story and enjoy the adventures of Logan and his new parents.  


Who Should Read It:
*This new middle-grade story would be ideal for readers in third, fourth, and fifth grade.  Young readers who love super-hero adventures will definitely enjoy the story.  I'm looking forward to adding the title to my classroom library.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment