Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Yonder by Ali Standish

How I Heard About It:
*While browsing through NetGalley, I came across this title. I caught my attention because Ali Standish is one of my favorite middle-grade authors.  I put in a request for an ARC and was thrilled to be granted an E-Galley.  Once I started, I could NOT stop reading.  


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Ali takes the reader back to WWII to a small American town where the residents are doing what they can to carry on and support those fighting on the front lines.

*After Jack saves the lives of two young girls, younger Danny believes Jack is a true hero.

*The two boys forge a new and supportive friendship, which helps Danny immensely because he has been the target of other kids his age.  

*When Jack disappears, Danny and other townspeople began a search and ask questions about what could have happened to Jack.

*Danny is determined to find his best friend before it is too late for Jack and for himself.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*If you have not read an Ali Standish novel, you must.  She has a true gift when it comes to story telling.  

*Her newest and upcoming story, is one to be enjoyed, treasured, and savored.  

*I absolutely loved everything about Yonder and literally could not stop reading once I began.

*Danny is one special young man who not only had an impact on those around him in the story, but on this adult reader as well.  

*The writing was thoughtful, smart, and engaging.  I can't wait to share the story with my fourth graders.  


Who Should Read It:
*This is a story that should be shared in any and all fourth, fifth, and sixth grade classrooms.  I know that all middle-school readers will enjoy just as well.  Adult readers who read middle-grade novels, definitely have to put this title on their TBR list.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
   5 STARS out of 5 Stars 




No comments:

Post a Comment