Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, March 12, 2023

The Gray by Chris Baron

How I Heard About It:
*When I began to see posts about this upcoming middle-grade novel, I got online and started to request an advanced reader copy via NetGalley.  I was thrilled when I was granted a copy.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:

*Sasha hasn't had an easy time of it.  Both at school and at home.

*After an incident at school, his parents make the decision to have him spend some time with his aunt out in the country and away from the city.  

*Everyone is hoping that time away from "everything" will help Sasha's anxiety in which he called "The Gray".

*Upon arrival at his aunt's place, Sasha beings to explore and meet the local townspeople.

*His goal is to be rid of "The Gray", move forward;  he is able to accomplish the desire with the help of a few new friends.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*From the moment I began, I knew this was going to be a special story.

*I loved each and every page and found myself not being able to put the novel down.

*Chris Baron told a thoughtful, meaningful, and important story for young people.

*The interactions between Sasha and his new friends were endearing and heart-warming.  

*When I finished the last page, I knew this was going to be a book I had to share with my students.


Who Should Read It:
*The novel could be used either as a class read aloud or put in the hands of an individual students.  I think it would be ideal for readers in grades four and five along with students in middle-school.  I'm also going to recommend the story to my adult friends who enjoy reading middle-grade novels. Happy Reading!  


Rating:
   5 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment