Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, March 12, 2023

The One and Only Ruby by Katherine Applegate

How I Heard About It:
*When I saw this title on NetGalley, I knew I had to download it and read the next installment in the "One and Only" series.  I recently heard Katherine Applegate speak at the Tucson Festival of Books which was a complete joy.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*This is the third "book" of the Ivan story.

*The story picks up after Ivan's rescue and focuses on the baby elephant named Ruby.  

*When a former caretaker visits Ruby in the animal sanctuary, she is reminded of her earlier days in Africa.  

*As Ruby is preparing for a special event in her life, she shares her beginnings with both Ivan and Bob.  

*Ruby is missing her dear friend Stella, but finds comfort with both her past and current support system.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I always enjoying revisiting the cast from The One and Only Ivan.

*Katherine Applegate has a special and unique way of telling a story about a beloved animal.

*Ruby's story was strong, endearing, and thoughtful.  I enjoyed reading about her beginnings in Africa.

*The illustrations, even though, on the Kindle, were beautiful and fun to look at.  

*This is such an incredible series and I know readers will enjoy Ruby's story just as much as Bob's and Ivan's.


Who Should Read It:
*Anyone who has read The One and Only Ivan along with The One and Only Bob definitely need to put this title on their TBR list.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment