Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Thursday, December 28, 2023

Duck, Duck, Peach by Erin Soderberg Downing

How I Heard About It
*I love this series.  I use the first novel, When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Peach Pie for our "Breakfast with Books" book club.  After my students read the first book, they can't wait to gobble up books #2 and #3.  This fourth installment will be released in April of 2024.  Thank you to Erin for sharing an ARC with me.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*The Peach family is back and spending time in Duluth, MN.

*It is summer and the family is excited for the "Festival of Ships".

*Each member of the family has a special role to play in the festival.

*Everyone is extremely excited for the world's largest rubber duck.  

*When a storm moves through Duluth and Lake Superior, everyone is quite surprised when the rubber duck "disappears".  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I was excited and a bit sad when I began the novel because I knew it was going to be the final "chapter" in the series.

*It was so fun to revisit the Peach family as I have come to know and love them.  

*I enjoyed the focus on Duluth, MN as the town is only about two hours from where I live.  It was so fun to read about all the places I've been.  

*The mystery of the missing DUCK was fun to read about and try to figure out what exactly happened.

*Erin did a wonderful job of continuing the Peach story and bringing it to a satisfying conclusion.


Who Should Read It:
*The entire Peach series if PERFECT for readers in grades three through six.  I'm so happy there are books/series like this one available for elementary children to read.  I also think middle-school readers would get a kick out of the adventures of the Peach family members.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
  4 STARS out of 5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment