Happy Halloween 2013...
*My wife loves to bake holiday treats for co-workers and friends.
*This Halloween week was no exception.
*She created these tasty Oreo bombs for the people she works with.
*Thank goodness there were leftovers for the family!
-Package of low-fat cream cheese
-Package of Oreos (normal size)
-Package of baking chocolate (melted)
1. In a medium size bowl break up Oreos (My wife uses an electric mixer)
2. Then mix in cream cheese until it is pretty smooth
3. Shape mixture into little balls – about the size of a gumball or larger
4. Lay them down on cookie tray layered with parchment paper
5. Place the tray in the freezer for 10 minutes
6. Dip in the melted chocolate
7. Sprinkle with "holiday" sprinkles or whatever you would like
8. Place back in the freezer for another 15 minutes and they are ready to go
Be sure to keep uneaten treats in refrigerator!
Treat Tuesday - Middle Grade Novel or Picture Book
Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds
*We had saved this book to read until Halloween week.
*The listeners just loved the story and were so engrossed.
*A must read for all classrooms.
The Daring Escape of the Misfit Menagerie by Jacqueline Resnick
*This is our current read aloud.
*It is the first book in a new series and is a wonderful story.
Treat Tuesday - Adult Novel
We are Water by Wally Lamb
*I know I have posted this book already, but it is truly a TREAT.
*Be sure to check out my blog post about #ABCT...
#ABCT (Adult Book Club on Twitter)
*Be sure to check out my book give-away...
Book Give- Away