Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wonder Wednesday #15...

Wonder Wednesday:  Read-a-Thon








*I used to use reading competition in my classroom.  NO MORE!

*I used to use at-home reading logs in my classroom.  NO MORE!

*I used to record at-home reading minutes in my grade book.  NO MORE!


*Now, we read as much as we can both at school and at home.

*Now, we share the books we are reading with each other.

*Now, we talk about the books we are reading with each other.


  **Even though I no longer support reading competition, I do support reading.

  **Currently my school is participating in an all-school "Read-a-Thon".

  **Our "Read-a-Thon" is a fund raiser that are PTO is supporting and promoting.


  **Anything to help the school and promote the love of reading, I will always support.

  **My students are reading (just as they always do), recording their minutes, and collecting pledges.

  **As I look around the building, I'm filled with wonder because we are all reading, reading, reading!


Here is a look at some of our wonderful items promoting our read-a-thon...







No comments:

Post a Comment