Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Surprise Sunday #3...

Surprise Sunday - Nerdlution




*It always amazes me how much Twitter has changed my life.  And changed it for the BETTER!

*The last few days I've been watching and reading many tweets about something called "Nerdlution."

*At first I didn't quite understand what is actually was.  As the days followed, it became clear.

*I write this post with excitement and anticipation.  I'm looking forward to the next 50 Days!

*The 50 Days of goals, hopes, dreams, or whatever you want to make it; begins Monday, December 2nd and ends Monday, January 20th.

*Here is what I'm hoping for the next 50 days for myself…


ONE:  I would like to do ONE random act of kindness for someone I know or someone I don't know.  This idea came from the following video…





TWO:  I would like to give myself ONE full hour of reading each day.  I'm not going to let myself get interrupted by other people, by technology (sorry I-Phone), or other things that need to be done.  I read a lot, but often find myself stopping and starting many times throughout the day.  






THREE:  During the school week, I would like to connect "deeply" with one student each day about what they are reading and have a "real" and "in-depth" conversation.  During the first trimester, I've established my small reading groups and quickly check-in with multiple students.  During the next 50 states, I want to "highlight" one student and spend more time with time discussing their reading and books.  


No comments:

Post a Comment