Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Treat Tuesday #20...

Treat Tuesday - Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes

*One meal my family loves is a great Sloppy Joe.

*A second meal my family enjoys is a delicious Philly Cheese Steak.

*Put those two sandwiches together and you have perfection!




Ingredients...

*1 lb ground beef
*1 small sweet onion chopped
*1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
*1/4 cup steak sauce (like A1)
*1 cup beef broth
*provolone cheese
*buns


Directions...

-Crumble the ground beef into a skillet and add the chopped onion and pepper.

-Begin to cook, when the beef is about half cooked, add the broth and steak sauce.
-Cook until all items are done and allow to simmer and cook down/thicken.
-I used hoagie buns from the bakery. Slice them open and fill 6 with the meat mixture.

-Then each was topped with a slice of provolone cheese.
-This was placed under the broiler for 3 minutes.


Treat Tuesday:  Middle-Grade Novel


Nerds by Michael Buckley

*I used this book years ago for a "Breakfast with Books" selection.

*Some of my current students are working their way through this series.








Treat Tuesday:  Adult Novel


The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

*I know I've already posted this novel, but I absolutely am loving this story.

*Put on your wish list for Christmas!








We Are Water by Wally Lamb

*One of the best books I've read in a long time.

*Check out details for upcoming #ABCT Adult Book Club on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment