*My wife ran across this recipe online.
*She made them and they were quite the hit around our house.
*Thought I would share the recipe here today.
*In one word = YUM!
- 1½ cups quick oats
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- 2 TB butter softened
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and 1 cup softened butter with a spoon. Remove 1 cup and set aside.
- Press remaining mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- In a small pot, melt condensed milk, chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of butter over low-medium heat. Stir constantly until chips are melted and everything is mixed well.
- Pour chocolate chip mixture over the bottom layer and spread evenly. Sprinkle leftover cup of oat mixture over the chocolate.
- Top with M&Ms and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. ENJOY!
Found at: http://lilluna.com/mm-chocolate-oat-bars/
Treat Tuesday: Middle-Grade Novel
Ruby Holler by Sharon Creech
Treat Tuesday: Adult Novel
Back Roads by Tawni O'Dell