Treat Tuesday: Cinco De Mayo
- 1 1/3
- cups orange-flavored liqueur
- cup lime juice
- to 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, if desired
- cups ice cubes, crushed
- limes, cut into wedges, if desired
- cup coarse salt, if desired
- cup tequila
- 1In blender or food processor, place orange liqueur, lime juice, powdered sugar and ice. Cover; blend until smooth. Spoon into nonmetal freezer container. Cover; freeze until almost firm, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 2To serve, if mixture freezes completely, let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes. Rub rims of glasses with lime wedges; dip in salt to coat.
- 3Into blender or food processor, spoon orange liqueur mixture; blend until slushy. Place 1/2 cup slush in each salt-rimmed glass; add 1 to 2 tablespoons tequila. Garnish with lime wedges.
*Recipe comes from Betty Crocker.com
Treat Tuesday: Middle-Grade Novel
Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
Treat Tuesday: Adult Novel
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz