Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware...

How I Heard About It:  This novel came to via NetGalley as an ARC.  I knew nothing about it, but was happy to give it a try.  

What It Is About:  Lee/Nora is a mystery writer that pretty much keeps to herself.  She hasn't seen her best friend Clare for ten years.  She also hasn't seen her X-boyfriend during that time either.  Lee/Nora is surprised when she is invited to Clare's wedding shower weekend and even more surprised when she learns that Clare is going to marry James.  James is the man that Lee/Nora dated ten years ago and hasn't dated since.  She decides to go to the weekend out at the country house with Clare and her friends.  The weekend becomes stressful and full of memories for Lee/Nora.  She still can't figure how why she was included on this weekend when she isn't even being invited to the actual wedding.  When someone ends up dead on the second night of the celebration, Lee/Nora's life is turned upside down and she must bring her past to the present and truly figure out what is going on with herself, her former boyfriend, and the girl that use to be her "best friend."

What I Thought Of It:  It was a bit of a slow start, but after a few chapters I was completely hooked.  This isn't the type of novel I normally read which made it quite enjoyable.  I would classify it as a mystery and/or light fiction.  The experience was trying to read so fast in order to find out what is going to happen is always a pleasant one for me.  The story kept me guessing until the very end and I was satisfied with the conclusion.  This was the perfect book to read during my summer vacation.  It was quick, easy, and just a plain fun read!

Who Should Read It:  If you are a mystery lover, then I think this is the book for you.  The story is different from most mysteries, is well written, and a great plot line.  I believe the novel was released at the end of June so it would be perfect as a beach/summer read.  Happy Reading!

Rating:  4 STARS out of 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment