Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wonder Wednesday #99 (Part FIVE)...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Five)

*This is the fifth of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to respond to.



*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...



STUDENT #1 - Molly

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was not the best, but OK because I usually read the same books over and over.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is awesome because I started experimenting with different types of books.  

This year I learned that as I reader I comic books and books with just words because I tried both types and enjoyed them equally.  

To me reading is really fun because I love to read the stories and go to different worlds.  

As a reader I'm most proud of reading the Harry Potter books because it is a great series and I enjoyed it.  

The best thing about reading is visualizing the story  because you can make it up yourself.  




STUDENT #2 - Joey

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was boring because I read really slow and I never got into books.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is better because I have done a better job of finding books and actually finishing them which felt pretty good.  


This year I learned that as I reader I read a lot faster because I really worked at it and the more reading I did the faster I got.  


To me reading is fun because it takes you to your own little world which is pretty cool.   


As a reader I'm most proud that I joined Mr. Andrus' book club because I wasn't even in his class, but he let me join and gave me some great books to read.  


The best thing about reading is getting into the story because you go into your own world and it is pretty fun when that happens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment