Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, September 25, 2015

Friend Friday #109 (Three-Ring Rascals: The Show Must Go On! by Kate Klise)...

Hi!  I am Hanh and I read the book called Three-Ring Rascals the Show Must Go On written by Kate Klise.  


I thought this book was awesome because it was a book that I could really understand and it's about a circus which I liked reading about.  


My favorite part in the story was when the circus owner hired a mean guy and the show was a disaster.  He tried to make it better after he did a chart wheel and ripped his pants because this was a pretty funny part and I liked when all of this happened.  


The character that I liked best was the mice because they were cute in the story and I like that they were so small, but helped.   


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to write a circus story for kids that would entertain them.

I would recommend this book to my friends because it's a great book, interesting, and the first in a series so you can read more books after this first one.   


Reading to me is fun because you can get into a story, leave your own life, and understand stuff about other people.  


*Hanh has been a fun reading to watch over the last fourteen days of school.  She bounced from book to book the first couple of days.  After several days get seemed to fall into a groove.

*I saw her "eyeing" this series on my bookshelf and made the statement that many of my readers last year enjoyed this series.  She said she loves circuses and thought it looked good.

*Once she got into the book, she couldn't put it down. I even had to ask her to put the book away during other times of the day.  It always kills me to tell a student to do this.  

*She checked out book #2 for this coming weekend.  That is always a good sign.  



No comments:

Post a Comment