Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Wonder Wednesday #265 (Shouting at the Rain)

Wonder Wednesday - The Wait is Over...

*I'm always excited when a new middle-grade novel enters the world.

*It is even more exciting when that particular book is from one of your favorite middle-grade authors.

*Two of my favorite stories come from Lynda Mullaly Hunt.  Her first novel One for the Murphys told the heart-warming story of Carly.  The second novel, Fish in a Tree, introduced Allie who become one of my most memorable characters.



*When I learned that Lynda was working on a third novel, I was absolutely giddy with happiness.

*It was an honor to receive an ARC.  I remember reading it on my flight to Houston last November for NCTE.  That flight was one of the most enjoyable I've ever had.

*Yesterday (5/7/19) was the book birthday for Shouting at the Rain.  To celebrate we started the story as our last read aloud of the year.  I even wore my t-shirt to school to celebrate the day.

*Here are some links and videos to honor this release and celebrate the incredible writing of LMH...









Book Trailers/Books Talks...





No comments:

Post a Comment