Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Wonder Wednesday #281 (Kicking It Off)

Wonder Wednesday - The Reading Workshop

*There isn't much that I can promise my students that we will "do" everyday.

*I do try to promise them that we will READ and WRITE everyday.

*We got to the writing on the first day of school, but horrors of horrors, we didn't get to our independent reading time.  I know!  I'm still mad at myself.  LOL


*Today was the second day of school and I made it a POINT to give us our independent reading time.  The readers were thrilled.

*After conducting a few "book talks" and sharing our "READ THIS NOW" bulletin board, we got busy choosing our first books and getting down to the actual reading.  It was so fun to have readers come up, ask where a title was, and I could direct them in the right direction.

*It was like passing out presents at a party and/or holiday.  I felt such reading JOY!

*Here are some images of my new students in action...









No comments:

Post a Comment