Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Wonder Wednesday #284 (Author LOVE)

Wonder Wednesday - 
Independent Book Store & Local Authors

*I feel so fortunate to live in the Twin Cities area.

*Between St. Paul and Minneapolis we have many independent bookstores.



*Most of these bookstores host author events on a regular basis.

*This past Sunday, September 22nd Magers & Quinn hosted an educator's night for local teachers.

*They hosted authors Erin Soderberg and Rebecca K.S. Ansari.  Erin has written many middle-grade novels and series.  My readers are currently reading The Quirks as our first "Breakfast with Books" book club selection.

*This past summer I read The Missing Piece of Charlie O'Reilly and absolutely loved it.  During my visit to the bookstore I had the honor of meeting Rebecca for the first time.  She and I are going to work together and bring her novel and my readers together for a future book club.

*During the evening, the authors asked each other questions about their novels and writing process.  They also shared some of their favorite middle-grade books that they have recently read.

*Here are some images from my "field trip" to Minneapolis...

No comments:

Post a Comment