Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

In my Dreams I Hold a Knife by Ashley Winstead

How I Heard About It:
*I kept seeing this novel published for adults being "talked" about during the summer of 2021.  I bought a copy for myself and recently read it during the fall of 2021.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Jessica Miller is heading to her college ten-year reunion.  She has kept many secrets over the last ten years and wants to keep them hidden.

*When Jessica started college, she wanted to make the most of her experience, be on top, and find total success.  


*She attempts these great goals, by surrounding herself with six other college students.  

*Everything is going according to plan, until one of the six is found murdered in their dorm room.

*During the reunion weekend, a person close to the victim, brings the six friends together and is determined to uncover what truly happened ten years ago.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*The writing was great.

*I enjoyed the back and forth format of Jessica's time in college and her life ten years later.

*The mystery kept me interested and surprised me on more than one occasion.

*While reading, I found myself trying to keep the seven characters straight and couldn't figure out why I was having a hard time keeping track of who was who.

*There were a few slow moments, but overall the story moved along and kept me engaged.  I would recommend this story for fellow readers.


Who Should Read It:
*Readers who enjoy a strong character driven story will find great satisfaction with the novel.  Lovers of mysteries should also check out this new book.  I think it has something for everyone.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
  4 STARS out of 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment