Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Pax - Journey Home by Sara Pennypacker

How I Heard About It:
*I was thrilled to learn that Sara Pennypacker was going to return to Pax and his journey in the wild.  I downloaded the story via Audible.  It was a quick and enjoyable listen.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*This sequel takes up right where it left off in book number one.  

*Pax and Peter are separated, living their own lives, but continue to keep each other in their minds.  

*Pax and found a mate and they have had kits.

*Peter is without a "true" family and attaches himself to a group fighting the good fight.

*When Pax's kit becomes ill, the animal does everything in his power to find his friend and be the parent he was meant to be.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*It was wonderful to revisit Peter and Pax.

*Some sequels don't work as well as the original story, but I thought this continuation was just as strong as the first.

*I so enjoyed reading about Pax, his family, and the journey back to Peter.

*Peter's story was just was engaging and I could feel his heartbreak at losing both his parents.

*The writing was thoughtful, authentic, and full of emotion.


Who Should Read It:
*Fans of Pax will definitely want to check out out this new story.  I know they will be completely satisfied.  The novel is perfect for readers in grades three through eight.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
  4 STARS out of 5 Stars







No comments:

Post a Comment