Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, September 12, 2021

The Good Lie by A.R. Torre

How I Heard About It:
*I don't normally get my book recommendations via FaceBook "ads", but this one kept popping up on my feed.  I checked it out, became intrigued, and downloaded the book via Audible.  I haven't read, listened, to a great mystery in quite some time so this was a completely enjoyable experience.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Dr. Gwen Moore is a therapist who works with some of the most "damaged" people who have many issues they are trying to work out.  

*When a client and his wife both end up dead, Gwen finds herself asking more questions than the answers she usually gives.  

*There is the "Bloody Heart" serial killer who has been targeting young high-school boys.  The sixth victim has escaped, but isn't willing to share what happened while being held captive.

*Robert, a lawyer and the father of one of the victims, comes to Gwen to ask her to create a profile of the man who has been arrested for the killings.

*Gwen puts her skills to action, and the further she gets, the more questions she has about Robert, the serial killer, and the client she was treating.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*This was a terrific mystery and held my interest the entire listening.

*I loved how the characters were connected and continued to ask who was telling the truth and who wasn't.

*There was nothing too deep and/or truly meaningful when it comes to "real life", but it certainly was a strong and captivating mystery.  

*Gwen was the central force of the story and I was intrigued by how she was able to analyze and truly uncover who people were.

*This was my first novel by A.R. Torre, but probably won't be my last."


Who Should Read It:
*If you are a reader who enjoy a good, solid, and interesting mystery, this is the novel for you.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
  4 STARS out of 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment