Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, March 12, 2022

A History of Wild Places by Shea Ernshaw

How I Heard About It:
*After a bit of "digging" I came across this title and decided it was going to be my next audio book.  This is a novel published for adults.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Travis Wren has a talent for finding missing people.  

*Maggie St. James is an author who disappears.  

*When Travis is hired to find Maggie, he also disappears.


*Right before his disappearance, he finds the hidden community of Pastoral. 

*When a member of Pastoral finds Travis' abandoned truck, the lives of all members of the community are put in danger.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*If I had been reading the hard cover, this would have been a page-turner.

*I was drawn into the mystery of the missing author and if Travis was going to be able to find her.

*Once I was introduced to the members of Pastoral, I became a bit confused on how the lives of these characters intersected with Travis and Maggie.

*As the story unfolded, the connections began to reveal themselves.

*The narration was strong and I enjoyed listening.


Who Should Read It:
*I think most adult readers would enjoy this mystery either as a hard cover or audio read.  Enjoy!  Happy Reading.  


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment