Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wonder Wednesday #4...

 

Wonder Wednesday - My daughter Kate

I have had the privilege of  being Kate's dad for the past 18 years.
I could not have asked for a better daughter.  She is truly a wonder in my life.
This Sunday we will be taking her to Lincoln, Nebraska.
She will be starting her freshman year this fall.
I can't imagine what my daily life will be like without her.
As I think back over the past 18 years, I am filled with joy and wonder.
I remember reading board-books to her as a baby in the rocking chair.
I remember sharing picture books together as she grew up.
As she got older, I remember passing chapter books on to her to read.
I remember hearing her cry in her room as she would read those "gut wrenching" YA novels.
When I would finish a book of my own and state, "That was the best book EVER,"
Kate's reply would be "You say that about every book Dad!"
It is exciting to know that my daughter is ready to start the next chapter in her life.
It will be hard on "dear-old-dad", but so satisfying to send this wonderful wonder of a daughter
 out into the world.


To me the words in this song say everything I wish for my daughter...

Forever Young by Diana Ross
 

No comments:

Post a Comment