Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Wonder Wednesday #277 (WONDER News)

Wonder Wednesday - A Week of GOOD News

*I've normally been posting videos this summer of what I'm reading.  Filming the vidoes has been a BLAST.

*Taking a little break from the videos to share some "good news" from from NERDY life.


*This past Sunday I had the pleasure of joining some NERDY friends for a wonderful evening of conversation, thought-provoking topics, and of course delicious food.

*My friend Donalyn Miller was in town for a week of workshops in which she was presenting at.  After picking her up at the airport, we joined Sandy and Pam for dinner at a local restaurant.

*The time flew by and we discussed such a vareity of topics including: books, educational issues, classroom libraries, current events, and maybe even a little bit of gossip.

*After spending time with these friends, I always leave feeling rejuvinated, energized, and ready to tackle all of the educational "concerns".



*The second bit of "WONDER" news I would like to share is the invitation I received.  

*I've been asked to be on an "Elementary Teacher Advisory Board" for a major publishing company in the heart of New York City.  

*This news came as a complete shock and a pleasant surprise.  

*I will be flying to New York on August 18th and spending two nights.  There will be a welcome dinner on Sunday night and the all-day meeting will be on the 19th.  

*In addition to the two events, I'm hoping to be a "tourist" for a bit of time.

*I'm so excited to learn more about this Advisory Board and be a part of the inaugural year.  

*As I learn more on Monday, August 19th and in the year to follow, I will share more here on the blog.  

*I LOVE weeks like this current one when there is so much BOOK/READING love surrrounding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment