Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Wonder Wednesday #288 (Jonathan Auxier)

Wonder Wednesday - Class Read Aloud #ONE

*Being a member of the Charlotte Huck Book Awards Committee has been such an honor and incredible experience.

*Last November we announced SWEEP as the winner of the 2019 book award.  I was sitting right behind Jonathan when he heard the news and his reaction was priceless.

*I know after reading the novel and it receiving the highest honor from NCTE's Charlotte Huck Award, I knew I wanted to share the story with my fourth grade listeners.  I made an excellent choice because the class absolutely adored the story and were captivated by Jonathan's writing.

*There were many days when I would end a chapter and my students would BEG for me.  Of course, I had to say YES!

*When we finished the novel, we had the opportunity to Skype with the author.  Some of the kids got to share comments and ask questions about the book.

*Jonathan Auxier was engaging, energetic, and so thoughtful.

*We were able to learn some "behind the scenes" information and "tidbits" about the writing of the novel and how he created the story of Nan, Charlie, and the whole cast of unique characters.

*Here are some images from our time with the one and only Jonathan Auxier...




No comments:

Post a Comment