Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Wonder Wednesday #289 (#KidsNeedMentors)

Wonder Wednesday - 
Connecting Readers and Writers

*During the 2018/2019 school year, I heard about the #kidsneedmentors program.  I submitted my name but I was missed the deadline, but was told to apply again for 2019/2020.

*After submitting my name/class for this current school year, I was thrilled to learn that my students would be paired with a writer.




*I was even more thrilled when I learned it was going to be Sally J. Pla.


*On Wednesday, October 16th we had our second Skype visit with Sally.  My writers had worked on a piece of writing called "The Best Part of Me".  We spent some of the time sharing our writing with Sally and getting her feedback.

*Sally also shared her own version of this writing assignment with the class.  We loved hearing what Sally wrote about the best part of her.  She created a riddle about her HEART.

*Some of our time was also spent just talking about books, reading, and other various topics.

*Even after two visits, I can tell my fourth graders are enjoying the time with Sally and gaining so much information and learning that I would never be able to provide.

*Here are some images of our time with author Sally J. Pla...



                   

1 comment:

  1. "The Best Part..." of being a writer is getting to connect with these OTHER GREAT WRITERS! What a fabulous classroom of readers, writers, and thinkers, Mr. Andrus!

    ReplyDelete