Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Stella by McCall Hoyle

How I Heard About It:
*I heard about the Stella "Street Team" on FaceBook.  I joined and was able to download an E-Galley of the middle-grade novel which will be released in the world on March 2, 2021.

What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Stella is a beagle who has a powerful job.  

*She is "employed" to find explosives and keep her human safe.

*After a tragic accident, Stella is separated from her best human friend.


*The beagle is transferred from home to home to fit a new "fit", but she just can't seem to leave the past in the past and find another human connection.

*When she finally thinks she has found a new forever home; her skills, feelings, and courage are all put to a test that will challenge her like none other.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I'm a sucker for a dog story.  

*When I realized the story was being told from the dog's point of view, I was in for the long haul.

*Stella is one of those dog characters that will weave her way into your heart and not let go until the very last page.

*I enjoyed reading about how Stella was used to assist the human kind.  

*As I reached the conclusion, I found myself wanting to read faster and faster to find out what was going to happen to Stella and the humans around her.  


Who Should Read It:
*This is a middle-grade novel that will need to be put in the hands of dog-lovers as they will so enjoy the story.  Stella could be used as a class read aloud as there would be many points of discussion.  I look forward to adding a hard copy of the story upon its release in March.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
  
STARS out of 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment