Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, January 2, 2021

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab

How I Heard About It:
*I first heard of the title from a friend of mine.  Once I added it to my TBR list, I began hearing more and more about the novel.  I ordered a copy, and have spent the last couple of weeks reading this extraordinary story.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*The story begins in 1714 when a young woman makes a "deal" with a stranger.

*She wishes to live forever, but in return will be forgotten by everyone she meets.

*Addie lives the next 300 years alone, without a penny to her name, and never being remembered by anyone she encounters.


*The "man" she made the deal with, appears and disappears without any notice and causes anger, anxiety, and heart-ache on Addie.  

*In 2014, while in a New York book store, Addie meets another stranger, but this time he remembers her and changes her life forever.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*This wasn't an easy or quick read, but one of the most interesting and unique reading experiences I've had in a long time.

*V.E. Schwab certainly has a way with words, language, and creating a unforgettable story.  

*There were sections of the story where I was a bit confused about what was happening, but overall I enjoyed the character of Addie and everything she dealt with.  

*I'm not normally a fan of fantasy, especially for adult readers, but found myself curious and engaged throughout the pages of the novel.

*When I closed the book, I will filled with a sense of accomplishment, but also a bit of sadness and wonder about Addie and the outcome of her life.  


Who Should Read It:
*The story is long, detailed, and a bit of an under taking, but I believe most readers will definitely be satisfied with the story of Addie and her many years of life.  If you are a fantasy lover, this is definitely the story for you.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
  
STARS out of 5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment