Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, February 5, 2022

A Little Hope by Ethan Joella

How I Heard About It:
*This novel published for adults received quite a bit of "press" during the end of 2021.  I bought a copy, but it sat in my to be read pile for quite some time.  I actually ended up listening to the story via Audible during my commute to and from work.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:

*One part of the story is about Freddie and Greg as they deal with his cancer diagnosis.

*A second part of the story is about Luke, an addict, and his mother and the guilt she carries about his issues.

*The third aspect of the story is about Ginger, who is Luke's former girlfriend and has returned home.

*Finally, there is the story of Greg's boss Alex who has his own issues with his wife and past.

*All of these characters and their stories intersect throughout the course of the pages.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I enjoyed the start of the story when it came to Freddie and Greg and their dealing with the cancer.  

*When the other characters came into play, I began to get a bit confused.  

*There were quite a cast of people who each had their own story, but also connected to each other in a variety of ways.

*Overall, there wasn't a whole lot that "happened" over the course of the book.

*As I listened, I wasn't quite sure where the story was going or what the characters had to "say".


Who Should Read It:
*This certainly is a novel that is raved about by many readers.  For me, it wasn't one of my favorites, but I know that many adult readers will enjoy it as much as those readers out there that have given it four and five stars.


Rating:
   3 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment