Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, June 12, 2021

The Law of Entanglement by Laurinda Lawrence

How I Heard About It:
*As I'm writing this blog post, I can't remember where I came across this title.  I do remember reading RAVE reviews, went online immediately, and purchased a copy.  The story gave me a full day's reading pleasure while on vacation in Mexico.  I could NOT stop reading once I began.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Jeremiah (Jerry) is a young boy who has been cast a "bad" hand in life when he is diagnosed with cancer and bound to a wheel chair.


*Even with this devastating news, his outlook on life, family, and friendship is like no other.  

*He forms a friendship with Blue-Wren who is the town's outcast.  They keep their friendship a secret and share more in a short time than most will in a lifetime.

*Jerry's older brother, Jacob, is the town's star, and idol of his younger brother.  They are nothing alike and Blue-Wren has always kept her distance from him.

*When Blue-Wren gains possession of Jerry's journal, her world will collide will Jacob's in more ways than she could ever imagine.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I loved everything about the story.  As I mentioned, I could NOT put it down.

*The characters were some of the best I've ever encountered.  It has been a couple of days since I finished the story, and I'm still thinking of Blue, Jerry, and Jacob.

*The journal of Jerry's was some of the best writing and advice for living life to the fullest.  

*This was NOT your typical young-adult story and affected me on so many levels.

*It is always such a joy to come across an unknown title, and the novel becomes one of your new favorites.


Who Should Read It:
*As much as this book is targeted for the young-adult audience, I believe that adult readers will enjoy it just as much, if not more than the high-school audience.  I've already posted on all social media platforms for all of my reading friends to get this book and dive into the world of these three amazing characters.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
  5 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment