Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, April 16, 2023

All That Is Mine I Carry With Me by William Landay

How I Heard About It:
*While searching Audible for a new story to listen to, I came across this title.  After a bit of research I downloaded the title and have been listening during my commute over the last several weeks.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*One afternoon in 1975, a young girl comes home to find her mother isn't there.

*She has two brothers and all three of them each have their own theory as to what has happened to their mother.

*The police believe that the disappearance of Jane Larkin lands at the feet of her husband Dan Larkin.  

*With no evidence or proof that Dan was responsible, the years slip by and the children and their father continue their life as best they can.  

*Many years later, Jane's remains are found, and the case is reopened.  Everyone hopes this time around the true answers are found as to what happened to Jane back in 1975.

What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*The narration was incredible and I was captivated each and every car ride.

*The story was not your typical missing/murdered person.  There was so much more surrounding the mystery of the case.

*The plot moved along briskly, was engaging, and the cast of characters were what really drove the story forward.

*I of course was extremely interested in what truly happened and really didn't know until it was revealed at the very end of the plot.

*The writing was incredible and this author sure does know how to tell a story.  I enjoyed this novel just as much as his novel Defending Jacob.  


Who Should Read It:
*I think all readers will truly enjoy and be fascinated by this novel for adults.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
   5 STARS out of 5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment