Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, April 8, 2023

The Great Peach Experiment - Frozen Peaches by Erin Soderberg Downing

How I Heard About It:
*I'm lucky to know author Erin Soderberg Downing.  She has been visiting my classroom for many years.  Both my readers and myself love her series "The Great Peach Experiment".  I received an ARC of the third book in the series and brought it with me on spring break 2023.  The novel was released on April 4, 2023.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*We first met the Peach family after their mother died and the three children along with their father ended up on a road trip in a food truck.

*The family then settled down in an old bed and bedfast in Duluth, Minnesota.

*Freddy loves to enter sweepstakes and is surprised to learn he has actually won a contest.

*The family finds themselves travel to Sweden to spend a week at an ice hotel.

*Upon arrival, they learn they are not the only families that have been "invited" to Sweden.  While at the ice-hotel they compete against the other families to find who is the "frozen" best!


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*Erin sure knows how to write a story for the middle-grade reader.

*I so enjoyed her series, the Quirks, but I think this new series is even better.

*I'm so happy I had the opportunity to revisit the Peach family and tag along on their adventure to Sweden.

*This is an awesome, loving, and full of energy family and always brings the joy, laughs, and heart-warming moments.

*For my next trip, I want to be sure to visit an ice-hotel in Europe just like the Peaches were able to.


Who Should Read It:
*As I mentioned, this is the perfect book, and series, for the middle-grade reader.  Students in grades three, four, and five would be idea for the story.  The novel could be used either as a class read aloud or to put int he individual hands of young kids.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars













No comments:

Post a Comment