Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Burn It All Down by Nicolas Didomizio

How I Heard About It:
*I remember reading about this novel.  When I saw it on a 50% off table at the local book store, I bought it.  I brought it with me on spring break vacation to Mexico.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Joey is eighteen, in college, gay, and heartbroken.

*He just found out his current boyfriend has been cheating on him and he thought this time would be different.

*Joey goes to his best friend, his mother, for comfort.

*His mother has just been burned by her current boyfriend.  The two of them are hurt, angry, and ready for revenge.

*Joey and his mother strike revenge on the two men that hurt them which leads them to the open road and hiding out.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*With the endorsement of James Patterson on the cover, I knew this would be a page-turner.

*The story was engaging, funny, and wild.

*I enjoyed reading about the unique dynamics between Joey and his mother.

*There were some parts of the plot that were far fetched, but I just looked at it as a fun and wild fiction story.

*This was the perfect novel to read by the pool/beach while on vacation.


Who Should Read It:
*If you are looking for something light and fun, this is the novel for you.  There is nothing earth shattering about the story, but just a wild and sometimes funny journey of a young man and his eccentric mother.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   3 STARS out of 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment