Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, August 21, 2015

Friend Friday #104 (The Shack)...


Hi!  I am Nick and I read the book called The Shack written by William Paul Young.


I thought this book was incredible because it helped me think about what God might say to me in the face of human suffering.  


My favorite part in the story was when Mack meets God at the Shack and then got to walk with Jesus because I'm it helped me see and feel God's love for him.  




The character that I liked best was Mack because he struggled after a tragic event (like many do) to have faith, but in the end he found peace through his time with God and Jesus.  


I think the author wrote this book because he wanted to help people who struggled with tragic events.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because 
everyone will experience extreme pain because of loss and without God and faith, the pain can manifest itself into all areas of our life.  


Reading to me is extremely entertaining because I get to create the movie in my head.  I get to create what the characters look like, setting, etc.  I get to think, ask questions, make connections, and figure out the solution.  


*Nick and I are teaching buddies.  He has recently joined our BBC (Boy's Book Club).

*Nick has three young children so doesn't get much time to read, but when he does he is quite passionate about the material he reads.  





No comments:

Post a Comment