Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Wonder Wednesday #103 (Part Nine)...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Nine)

*This is the ninth of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to respond to.



*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...



STUDENT #1 - Cate

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was boring because I could never focus and I had never really had a style of book that I liked.  

Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is awesome because I now have come to reading almost every day and now I have lots of different choices to pick from.  

This year I learned that as I reader I can read and focus because I have had the help of Mr. Andrus and he has given me so many choices.  

To me reading is interesting because there are so many styles of books to pick from.  

As a reader I'm most proud of that I have gone out of my shell and discovered the power of reading because now I read lots of styles of books.  

The best thing about reading is all of the choices we are given to read because we had a teacher that let us pick our books instead of him doing it.  




STUDENT #2 - Mike

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was fun because books can take your mind on an imagination adventure.  

Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is cool because there are so many types of books to read and enjoy.  

This year I learned that as I reader I can be persuaded, informed, or entertained by the reading I do because those are the three major purposes an author writes.  

To me reading is alright because I have read some pretty cool books this year.

As a reader I'm most proud the reading I did because it is nice to be given time to read every day and pick from a large collection of books.

The best thing about reading is everything because there is action in most books and stories with no pictures so you can imagine what is going on instead of the pictures telling you what is going on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment