Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Treat Tuesday #105 (A Meal by Patrick)...

Treat Tuesday - Meat Loaf

*This is a special "treat Tuesday."

*The meat loaf recipe comes from the Betty Crocker cookbook.

*This was a meal that I remember my mother making during my childhood.


*She is battling Alzheimer's Disease and isn't able to cook any longer.

*My parents are coming over for dinner tonight and I thought it would be fun to make this meal for my parents.

*I actually did the cooking today which normally doesn't happen because my wife is the cook in the family.

*I'm not sure if my mom will remember this dinner, but it brought me lots of pleasure today to make this meal for my parents.


Ingredients...

*1 1/2 pounds of hamburger
*3 slices bread, torn into pieces
*1 cup of milk
*1 egg
*1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
*1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
*1 1/2 teaspoons salt
*1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
*1/4 teaspoon pepper
*1/2 teaspoon ground sage


Directions...

-Mix all ingredients.
-Spread in ungreased loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inches)
-Cook uncovered in 350 degree oven until done
-This usually takes about 1 1/2 hours.










Treat Tuesday:  Middle-Grade Novel


*The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin

**I'm reading the ARC (comes out September 22nd)








Treat Tuesday:  Adult Novel

*The Guest Room by Chris Bohjalian

**I'm reading the ARC (comes out January 6th)


No comments:

Post a Comment